Our Process and Breakdown of Fees
myHopscotch is a car-buying consulting agency that locates, negotiates and delivers an extremely competitive price on new or pre-owned cars for our customers. Through our extensive knowledge of auto sales and customer service, we take the stress out of the car-buying experience and provide significant savings of both time and money. As your advocate, we always look out for your best interests and eliminate possible conflicts by not accepting any form of compensation from car dealerships.
FREE DEAL REVIEW
As consumer advocates, we are offering this FREE service to ensure that our clients don't over-pay for their purchase or lease. myHopscotch will split the total difference of what we save you. We are confident that we will beat your deal. If we cannot beat your deal, you pay us nothing and you will walk away with peace of mind knowing that you did a great job on your own.
If you fall under any of these categories, we recommend you use our Full Service:
- I'm capable of negotiating a good deal for myself, but would rather not deal with the process
- I dislike the entire process of buying a car and would like someone I can trust to do it for me.
- I don't know enough about a car negotiation to be able to intelligently negotiate my own deal.
Tyler & Lauren | Alameda, CA
We Saved $4,217!
"It was a delightful, nearly stress-free experience, we feel like we were treated well and fairly, and got a great deal. Thanks so much for your help through the process!"
You can expect superior customer service at every step, as we:
- Conduct an initial consultation
- Clarify the benefits of leasing versus buying
- Schedule test drives at convenient locations, eliminating dealer sales tactics
- Locate the exact car you want, saving up to 10 hours of shopping time
- Use our knowledge and leverage to negotiate an extremely competitive price
- Negotiate every area of the sale where dealer can make a profit (rates, bank fees, alarms, warranties, etc)
- Provide a trade-in analysis and advice if you have a vehicle to trade
- Negotiate a higher trade-in value through alternate buyers (*additional fee applies)
- Once you select the car you want and approve the final price, we will connect you with the dealer for completion of sale
- Oversee the contract details before you sign
- Set up delivery whenever possible
- Make sure the car is ready (detailed, washed, etc)
- Stay on-call throughout the signing process to answer any questions
- Always remain available after sale if any questions or concerns arise
- $595 for cars with MSRP under $22,000
- $695 for cars with MSRP from $22,001 - $50,000
- $795 for cars with MSRP from $50,001 – $80,000
- $995 for cars with MSRP from $80,001 - $100,000
- 1.5% of MSRP for cars that retail over $100,000
(myHopscotch will not negotiate on a salvaged car)
- $695 for cars with a Kelly Blue Book Retail below $20,000
- $795 for cars with a Kelly Blue Book Retail from $20,001 - $50,000
- $895 for cars with a Kelly Blue Book Retail from $50,001 - $80,000
- $995 for cars with a Kelly Blue Book Retail from $80,001 - $100,000
- 1.5% of Kelly Blue Book Retail for cars that retail over $100,000
Our fees include pricing on up to two separate Makes or Models; pricing on additional cars will be $50 each. Your own myHopscotch representative may present you opportunities that you were not aware of. You will not be charged for those presentations.
The $199 non-refundable retainer fee will be credited towards the balance of our service fee
Trade-ins $195 to negotiate the trade-in value to maximize your return
A Few Simple but Worthy Promises
- We will negotiate a better deal than you could have done on your own.
- We will communicate with you as frequent as you wish so you can be fully informed about our progress and process.
- We will demonstrate the highest level of Professionalism and honesty throughout with our communications and process.
- We will make progress at however fast or slow you may want it to be.
- We will always deliver the most accuracy facts and without any favoritism to any brand or dealer.
Before you hire us, wouldn't it be great to know how much you could save?
We agree, which is why we created the myHopscotch Savings Calculator you just went through. The Calculator compares what you're looking for with what we've saved our previous clients. It then pulls everything together and estimates how much we can save you.
myHopscotch's expert negotiators know the car business better than just about anyone else. And we are always on your side, not the car dealers'. Unlike those other car buying services, myHopscotch never takes kickbacks from dealers. That's right - TrueCar, CarFax and all the car sites say they are on your side, but they get paid by dealers!
We ask you to pay our service fee upfront to get started. But we are NEVER going to be an added expense. If you don't think we saved you multiples of our fee, we'll give you your money back.
After you have hired our team of experts, your personal advocate contacts you and sets up a time to talk about the car you're looking for. The two of you will talk about every aspect of the car buying process: from timing and budget to those confusing trim levels. Don't know exactly which car you want? We can help with that too.
We know there's a lot of things to remember when you're looking for a car. Which is why you'll have a personalized online dashboard that tracks everything from the color of your dream car to what we talked about last Monday.
After we know exactly what you want, we get to work. We'll set up no-pressure test drives, find your dream car, and negotiate everything: price, financing rate, trade-in value, and aftermarket products. When we're done, and have the best deal possible, we'll walk you through the numbers.
While all this work is going on behind the scenes, you get to relax. But don't worry, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
After you've agreed to the deal:
You walk into the dealership and are greeted by a sales rep that is expecting you, with all the paperwork already filled out and numbers already negotiated. They will walk you through it, you sign it (or call your personal negotiator if any questions pop up), and then drive off knowing you got the best deal possible.
Most of our clients are in and out of the dealership in less than an hour!
Dedicated to disrupting the outdated US car buying model
The way Americans buy cars works great for the car dealer, but not for car buyers. myHopscotch levels the playing field and ensures our customers don't get taken advantage of. For an affordable and guaranteed fee, our professional negotiators work exclusively on behalf of our clients. Unlike other services, we never take money from dealers. We guarantee our clients significant savings of both money and time. And we provide our clients peace of mind knowing that in the battle between car dealer and car buyer, the buyer comes out victorious.
Not happy with our service?
We'll give you a refund.
It's That Simple.
To make things really easy, we back our service with one of the most powerful and simple guarantees anywhere. If you have any regrets about hiring us after we complete our work, just tell us and we will refund 100% of what you paid us. No fine print. No hidden conditions. What more could you want?
No one else does what we do, and how we do it.
Our Founder & CEO has structured this company so that, unlike the rest of the so-called "competition", we work for you and only you. We never, NEVER take a penny from the dealerships, and tailor our service to you and your every need. We are myHopscotch and we are here to make your car buying experience as enjoyable as it possibly can be.